Healing Sexual Trauma: A Professional Training in Trauma-Informed Care
The Breathe Network’s online course, “Healing Sexual Trauma: A Professional Training in Trauma-Informed Care,” will offer you a unique combination of education and training co-facilitated by over a dozen of professionals working in the realms of sexual trauma, anti-sexual violence advocacy, holistic healing and resilience building.
Healing Sexual Trauma is a comprehensive course that is intended to encompass a wide breadth of information that we believe is vital when it comes to being a resource of safety, support and referrals for sexual trauma survivors. It is geared towards healing arts and health and wellness providers of all disciplines including, among others: acupuncturists, bodyworkers, yoga teachers, therapists, personal trainers, social workers, nurse practitioners, medical doctors and more.
The course will run for 8-weeks beginning on April 1st, and includes: weekly emails with an array of video interviews, totaling nearly 20 hours, along with supplemental reading content.
Participants will have extended access to all course content. This allows you to move through the course at a pace that feels right to you. There is no rush and you are invited to take your time absorbing and reviewing the materials.
Course Curriculum Includes
- Week 1 – Individual and Collective Trauma, Navigating Adversity and Cultivating Resilience
- Week 2 – Partnering with the Individual Nervous System and Mapping the Collective Nervous System
- Week 3 – The Imprints of Sexual Trauma Part 1: Survivor-Lead Insights on Abuse, Advocacy, Activism and Seeding Social Change
- Week 4 – The Imprints of Sexual Trauma Part 2: Recognizing Wounds and Finding Resources within the Body, Mind and Spirit
- Week 5 – Primary Elements within Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) and Practice
- Week 6 – Practical Applications of TIC: Practice Focus on Acupuncture, Yoga, Chiropractic and Bodywork
- Week 7 – Practical Applications of TIC: Practice Focus on Psychotherapy, Birth, Movement-Based Healing
- Week 8 – Transformative Perspectives on Healing, Justice and Self-Care
Molly Boeder Harris, Kate Busby, Jane Clapp, Randy Ellison, Margaret Howard, Maira Holzmann, Tada Hozumi, Ryan Maher, Nicole Marcia, Jamie Marich, Santa Molina Marshall, Robyn Mourning, michael munson, Nkem Ndefo, Klarissa Oh, Jessica Schaffer, Aishah Shahidah Simmons, Lawrence Stern, Greg Wieting and Zabie Yamasaki
Please note, as all of the material is recorded, you are able to take the course at your own pace and make it work for your schedule. The course officially starts on Wednesday, April 1st, 2020, and concludes on Wednesday, May 20th, however, it is up to you when you begin to review the content and the rhythm at which you move through it.
*Equity Pricing/Sliding-Scale Rates are available for this course upon request. We will prioritize access for Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQIA, Disabled and Low Income practitioners. Please contact Molly at: email@example.com with your request.